January 2020 Updates Archive
- Our Reinvented Toilet Pilot Playbook that brings together best practices in designing pilot programs and answers questions including:
- How do I know what to pilot and when?
- How do I design a pilot?
- Where should I pilot test my solution?
- The Janicki Omni Processor Suitability Snapshot in Ghana report that captures insights from our research, and provides readers with an initial understanding of market and technical factors influencing the J-OP’s suitability in Kumasi and Sekondi-Takoradi.
- Our Fecal Sludge Treatment Technology Decision Trees that serve as a starting point for selecting best-fit fecal sludge treatment technologies.
- Our User Insights from a Multi-Unit Reinvented Toilet Field Trial resource that synthesizes interviews with users before and after field testing, and highlights key insights that can inform go-to-market strategy for future MURT developers
If you’re not receiving our newsletter and would like to subscribe here.
Join the STeP team for an on demand webinar on the importance of pilot testing. Not only is a pilot test a safe place to fail when introducing new technology, it’s a critical first step before going to market or implementing a program, and often saves organizations time and money.
In this on-demand webinar, host Kate Bronstein presents the Reinvented Toilet Pilot Playbook and highlights best practices that help technology developers and early adopters plan effective pilot tests to increase a new technology’s chance for a successful launch. Drawing from the concept of design thinking, the Playbook is framed by three overlapping priorities – viability, desirability, and feasibility – that inform technology design, product launch, and scale-up to reduce the risk of failure. We explain a six-step process for defining organizational priorities and selecting a pilot site. At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will know what information is needed to
- define organizational priorities and test business models;
- identify which locations may be viable for target markets;
- select a pilot site given technological needs, user community, and other criteria important to the product and business model.